A Note on Internet Harassment
Posted January 18, 2013 in Dr. Sydney R. Coleman
While the Internet has made our lives easier, it also enables individuals to malign any person without legitimacy or retribution. Physicians, particularly plastic surgeons, have become frequent victims. The Internet allows anyone to post reams of undocumented accusations without any accountability. One person can anonymously post on many sites, often fabricating other “voices” that are actually fictitious. The casual observer might think that a physician has many patients making complaints, when it might in fact be a single person. Since there is no legal accountability, it is possible for someone to post outright lies and gross misstatements. Dr. Coleman has been a victim of such Internet harassment.
On the other hand, journalists are required to have reliable sources and documentation. Newspapers, magazines, radio and television are media that should report only what they believe is the truth. Dr. Coleman has been a frequent subject of articles and news stories in TV and popular magazines as well as professional journals and symposia. He has always been presented in a glowing, positive light. We encourage you to search for sources that can be trusted. Please review our media section (which we are currently updating) for authentic journalistic reports of Dr. Coleman’s research, innovations and surgical results.
As far as legal issues are concerned:
1. The New York Department of Health has no complaints against Dr. Coleman (verified most recently in December 2012).
2. Sydney Coleman has never had a malpractice judgment against him.
3. Dr. Coleman is a member in good standing of many prestigious Plastic Surgery organizations:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Association of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- International Federation of Adipose Therapeutics and Science (co-president)
- International Society of Plastic Regenerative Surgery (secretary-general)
Dr. Sydney Coleman is a compassionate, hard-working, intelligent physician who has dramatically improved the world in which he lives. He has produced innovations over the last twenty-six years, which have revolutionized not only plastic surgery, but other areas of medicine as well. He frequently lectures worldwide and publishes extensively on plastic surgery.
For a more complete picture of Dr. Coleman, please refer to, his biography on our website, LipoStructure.com. In his biography page, you will find his CV, a list of his worldwide lectures, a list of publications, and patient testimonials.
Finally, review the blog, The Press Reports Internet Attacks on Physicians