The Coleman LipoStructure Consultation Tool
Pioneered by Dr. Sydney Coleman, The Coleman Technique is his structural fat grafting technique that can be used to improve the contours of the face, breasts, and body. This technique involves removing fat from one area of the body and using it to build or sculpt lasting structural changes in other areas. The Coleman Technique of Fat Grafting can be used to fill in lines, dents, and deformities and to augment the breasts and buttocks.
The Coleman Technique can be performed on the hands and face to correct:
- Deformities left from previous surgeries
- Hollows beneath the eyes
- Flattened cheeks and jawlines
- Aged hands with visible veins and tendons
- Birth defects
To ensure good communication and to properly prepare and plan for your procedure, your consultation will be split up into two visits:
Your goals will be thoroughly discussed. It is important to bring in a photograph of a younger version of you or before your surgery or injury. You will be provided with a powerpoint presentation from our patient care coordinator. This will cover what to expect pre-op and post-op, and you will be shown before and after photos of previous patients.
Your medical history will be reviewed, and photographs will be taken of you. These photos will be used to create a blueprint that will outline the proposed techniques, which will be indicated by a specific color:
- Purple: areas for fat removal
- Blue, green, and yellow: areas for fat placement
- Orange: areas to avoid
- Red: where the tiny incisions will be made
Once the blueprint has been set up and you have agreed to your surgical plan, our staff will discuss all the details of surgery and all of the instructions you need to know for before and after the procedure.
The Coleman Technique can be performed on the breasts to:
- Augment the breasts
- Correct deformities from breast implants
- Reconstruct the breasts after cancer procedures
- Correct tuberous breasts
During your consultation, a personalized fat grafting procedure will be designed to provide you with the breast size and shape you desire. Your consultation will be split up into two visits:
This is the informative visit. You will be provided with educational information regarding your procedure and learn about The Coleman Technique. To provide you with an idea of what your results may look like, before and after photos of previous patients will be shown to you.
Photographs will be taken of your body. Your body will be evaluated, and your goals will be discussed. To provide the best idea of what your procedure will entail, a blueprint will be made and color coded. This will be your procedure plan and will indicate the following:
- Where fat will be removed from
- Where you desire changes in the size or shape of the breasts
- Where incisions will be placed
The surgical process for The Coleman Technique on the breasts will involve the following:
- Marking: Your body will be color-coded and marked according to the blueprint.
- Harvesting and refinement: Fat will be harvested from an area of the body with unwanted excess fat.
- Grading: Fat will be refined and concentrated in order to the grade the fat before it is injected into the breasts.
- Sculpting: The concentrated fat tissue will be used to sculpt the breasts into the desired size and shape.
The Coleman Technique can be performed on the body to:
- Correct liposuction deformities
- Augment the buttocks
- Reconstruct the legs and arms
- Reduce scarring
Before your consultation, it is important you thoroughly do your research. This includes viewing photos of your body to decide which areas you would like to target or change. Have photos ready of yourself for the initial consultation, which will consist of two separate visits:
You will receive educational information, including an explanation of The Coleman Technique, and view before and after photos of previous patients. The doctor will go over your medical history and your surgical goals, and he will take numerous photographs of your body.
A detailed plan will be developed by the doctor. Along with the doctor, you will review the photographs taken during your first visit. You will go over your goals and concerns while analyzing these images. A blueprint will be mapped out by you and Dr. Coleman together. This is done so that you and the doctor are in agreement with your surgery plan. You take home a copy of the blueprint for your records and review.